- Kenny Ramos, co-curator & moderator
- Kelly Caballero, co-curator & performer
- Jessa Calderon, co-curator & performer
- PJ Vegas, performer
- The Tewa, performer
- Šmuwič Singers, performer
- Solange Aguilar, artist in focus
- Isaiah Mendoza and Annie Mendoza, artist in focus & panelist
- Tazbah Rose Chavez, artist in focus
- Tommy “Teebs” Pico, artist in focus
- Angela Mooney D'Arcy, panelist
- Maura Sullivan, panelist
About this Performance
From time immemorial, Tovaangar – colonially known as Los Angeles – has been a gathering place that has sustained Native artists and culture bearers. Although the violent reality of settler colonialism has attempted to eradicate our nations and communities, Native artists continue to thrive in the area now called Los Angeles and use artistic expression to assert tribal sovereignty and protect ancestral homelands. Co-curated by Kenny Ramos, Kelly Caballero, and Jessa Calderon, Tovaangar Today is a virtual celebration of Native artists of many disciplines who are connected to Tovaangar. While centering on the Tongva and other California Nations, the festival will also feature artists from the local intertribal urban Native diaspora and highlight the connections between art, activism, identity, and tribal sovereignty.
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.