November 17, 2020
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Video Producer, reporting to the Director, Digital, will drive the development and execution of video content across various channels in this highly creative and versatile role. The Video Producer will create and transform storyboards and concepts into high-quality assets that educate, inspire, and engage our target audiences, and support ticket sales to our events at Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Hollywood Bowl, The Ford, and beyond.
- Manage all elements of original video content including pre-production, production and post-production process, planning, scheduling, shooting, motion graphics, sound and editing and deployment
- Understand LA Phil’s strategic brand messaging (both marketing and institutional) and conceptualize and execute video content that advances those narratives
- Ensure projects are held to a high creative standard, delivered on time and within budget
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and execute video content strategy for the LA Phil, Hollywood Bowl, and The Ford websites, social and digital platforms, and video series
- Work with departments across the organization including Artistic, Learning, Philanthropy and Production to ensure the LA Phil’s strategic vision is clearly and effectively represented, with the ability to turn project briefs into production plans within scope, timeframe, and budget
- Engage and manage all production crews; secure locations, required permits, and studio time; and facilitate captures including interviews, b-roll, etc. as needed
- Maintain relationships with vendors, guest artist management, and internal stakeholders, including, but not limited to, effectively communicating a balanced message to capture the strategic project vision and scope
- Collaborate cross-departmentally and with stakeholders about project budgets, schedules, approvals, and deliverables to solicit input, respond to, and integrate feedback, as well as manage and track schedules, shoots, and production milestones
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative analytics and performance metrics to advance video strategy
- Budget, track, and actualize expenses on a project basis
- Embrace emerging video platforms, capture and production techniques including 360 and VR
- Ensure rights and licensing requirements are met for each project with guidance from the Legal and Media Initiatives departments
- Manage and maintain video assets, gear inventory, asset/gear security, and internal video archive
- Source, edit, and clear rights for internal video assets that can be shared with outside stakeholders, such as news media or artist projects, as requested
- Travel with the LA Phil on tours to create quick-turnaround content across various channels
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in video production
- Strong motion graphics skills
- Skilled in Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and Final Cut
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and proactive
- Flexible schedule on nights and weekends to be available for concert/artist filming opportunities as business need dictates
- Copy editing, proofreading, fact checking, research and/or writing as required
- A proven ability to work under tight deadlines and facilitate quick turnarounds on projects
- Experience capturing live performances; knowledge of classical music, a plus
- High awareness of latest technologies, digital trends and innovations; ability to master new concepts quickly and adapt to emerging practices
- Commitment to engage in and promote an environment supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Secondary language fluency preferred
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Equal Employment Opportunity | Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring | Family Medical Leave Act | CFRA Pregnancy Disability Leave | Employment Polygraph Protection Act