April 7, 2021
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Production Manager, reporting to the Associate Director, Production, works as a member of production team to manage all aspects of day-to-day concert production in order to ensure successful performances and to maintain a positive relationship with Orchestra members.
- Functioning within a team of production managers, manage all aspects of production planning for Los Angeles Philharmonic Association concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall, Hollywood Bowl and The Ford, including standard classical, classical staged productions, Songbook, World Music, Jazz, Pop, Symphonies for Youth, Baroque, Organ, Recital, and Green Umbrella series, as well as Run Outs and Neighborhood concerts which take place in other venues.
- Create production summaries, run of show plans and stage plots for all assigned concerts.
- Rent Backline, production equipment and Instruments as needed for all assigned concerts.
- Supervise stagehands for all assigned concerts.
- Oversee, set-up, rehearsals and strike; call performances for all assigned concerts.
- Record and Archive production information for all assigned concerts.
- Share in department responsibility of managing all production and logistical arrangements for tours, both for personnel and cargo. Accompany Orchestra on tours.
- Collaborate with visiting performing groups to ensure their production needs are planned for and accomplished within the parameters of Walt Disney Concert Hall or the Hollywood Bowl.
- Communicate with Music Director, other conductors and their managers to obtain and provide production information.
- Maintain and track budgets for all assigned concerts.
- Ensure union agreement compliance during production planning & execution processes.
- Share in Production Management concert duty, including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with Music Director, Orchestra, stage crew, senior management, artists’ managers, guest conductors and artists, outside vendors, all other departments in the Association.
- Coordinate and communicate information related to seat holds and kills for concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl.
- Assist Associate Director, Production with preparation of weekly IATSE payroll, as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience with orchestras with the ability to read music.
- Touring experience preferred.
- Proven leadership and project management ability in the performing arts.
- General knowledge of artists and repertoire.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, drafting softwares
- Ability to:
- Deal tactfully at all levels
- Focus on many projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with high volume of work
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative and communicative team environment
- Dedication and commitment to engage in and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the staff, vendors, and within interactions with the surrounding community is a must
- Secondary language fluency preferred
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.