Financial Planning Analyst
March 17, 2021
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Financial Planning Analyst
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Financial Planning Analyst, reporting to the Financial Planning Manager, assists in the development of departmental budgets, forecasts, and the five-year plan. The Analyst is also responsible to provide accurate and timely financial reporting as required by state and federal agencies, donors and grant-making organizations and to facilitate administrative support of the Planning Analytics and MS Dynamics software systems.
- Coordinate consolidation of annual departmental budgets, quarterly reforecast, 5-year plans, and capital expenditures.
- Assist the Financial Planning Manager in preparing financial and managerial reports using the Planning Analytics software.
- Work with department managers in the preparation of project budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinate with Education, Philanthropy, and other departments as necessary to prepare annual reporting to various donors (to include government grant-making agencies), using reporting capability in Endowment Solutions, as well as project-based spending in MS Dynamics.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports to meet the needs of interested parties such as LAPA management, donors, and Board of Directors, as well as any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Prepare supporting files and analyses and provide to external tax advisors for preparation of annual tax filing (IRS Forms 990 and 990T, and CA Forms 109 and 199).
- Prepare other required tax returns including CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration sales tax, Los Angeles County property tax, Los Angeles City parking tax.
- Prepare quarterly and annual surveys for reporting to Census Bureau.
- Prepare other annual regulatory filings for various state agencies, including the Environmental Fee, Statement of Information with the Secretary of State (Form SI-100), and renewal of charity registration with the Attorney General.
- Identify, research, and draft reporting for other required filings.
- Prepare annual statistical reports including BMI and ASCAP licensing fees, Orchestra Statistical Report, and California Cultural Data.
- Provide administration support for all Finance department users of Planning Analytics and MS Dynamics software systems.
- Prepare management reports for the Association’s retail operations as needed.
- Assist in month-end variance reporting between actual and budgeted/forecasted revenues and expense.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance or equivalent experience, a plus
- Proficiency in accounting concepts required.
- Experience preparing budgets/forecasts and analyzing actual results preferred.
- Experience creating various reports, tax returns, and other filings preferred.
- Experience developing financial reports using an OLAP database or similar tool preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience in MS Dynamics or other accounting project-based accounting system preferred.
- Experience in database development (SQL, MDX, ETL Processes) preferred.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with high accuracy and productivity.
- Must be highly responsive with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing and shifting priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Dedication and commitment to engage in and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the staff, vendors, and within interactions with the surrounding community is a must
- Secondary language fluency a plus.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.