April 7, 2021
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The COVID Monitor, reporting to the COVID Monitor Supervisor, is responsible for enforcing the Association’s COVID safety protocols and ensuring compliance onsite at the Hollywood Bowl, The Ford, the Walt Disney Concert Hall, and other offsite locations for filming, concerts, and other events.
- At the start of each shift, ensure all signage, directional markings, etc. are clearly visible and appropriately displayed
- Post and maintain applicable LA County Reopening Guideline Appendices
- Be knowledgeable and keep apprised of federal, state and county law and guidance on COVID-19; update COVID protocols from time to time. Answer COVID-related questions on behalf of the Association
- Conduct temperature and symptom checks pre-entry or coordinate with EMT conducting entry checks
- Maintain integrity of off-limits areas and provide constant monitoring of all ongoing workspaces and breaks areas, roving between areas as needed
- Coordinate and maintain cleared entry list for all events
- Enforce all physical distancing and safety protocols (one-directional flow, PPE usage, etc.) to ensure compliance with staff, guest artists, patrons, and invited guests
- Replenish PPE, disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer as necessary
- Coordinate with operations and housekeeping staff to replenish disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer as necessary
- Complete Event Safety Report at the end of events, reporting safety and PPE concerns and any staff issues
- Address any safety concerns immediately; elevate as necessary to COVID Monitor Supervisor and VP, HR & General Counsel
- Assist COVID Monitor Supervisor in coordinating and running onsite COVID testing clinics; including but not limited to, checking in participants, ensuring appropriate paperwork, passing out testing supplies, observing self-administered test and ensuring they are being conducted correctly, follow up with participants in the event of inconclusive test results, and assisting in finding alternative testing solutions if necessary
- Comfortable using authority to enforce all COVID Safety Protocols as defined by federal, state, and local guidance, as well as Association Policy
- Prior COVID-Compliance and Live Event experiences preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends required for events
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion
- Secondary language fluency a plus
- Dedication and commitment to engage in and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the staff, vendors, and within interactions with the surrounding community is a must
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.