Assistant Manager, Annual Fund
February 19, 2021
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Assistant Manager, Annual Fund
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Assistant Manager, Annual Fund/Membership role, reporting to the Associate Manager, Annual Fund/Membership will support the activities of the Annual Fund/Friends Membership team raising 6M+ through donors giving $1-$14,999 annually within the Philanthropy Department of the LA Phil.
- Manage benefit fulfillment for the Annual Fund/Friends campaigns (13,000+ membership supporters giving $75-$14,999 annually) and assist the Associate Director, Annual Fund, Annual Fund Officer and Annual Fund Coordinator in planning benefits each season such as invitational rehearsals, ticket premiums, special thank you gifts, guided tours, backstage passes, etc.
- Manage the Hollywood Bowl Donor Valet Parking solicitation process including renewal and acquisition efforts through mail, phone and in person, working closely with the Associate Director, Annual Fund/Membership and Hollywood Bowl Box Office and to ensure accurate tracking, timely solicitations, and benefit fulfillment
- Cultivate and maintain donor relationships with members of the Friends by organizing and attending donor events and activities at Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl, as needed.
- Support Associate Director with strategy and day to day management of telefunding, direct mail, email and web campaigns, including data pulls, analytics, campaign strategy plans as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with subscriptions, telefunding and telemarketing managers, Box Office, Bowl Operations, Audience Services staff and donors.
- Work with Development Special Events team, being main contact in Annual Fund for all Friends Invitational Rehearsals, including proofing program, RSVP list, reminders to Friends, and be on-site liaison between the Special Events team and donors attending.
- Work closely with Marketing Department to create all aspects of Annual Fund materials including Telefunding pledge letterhead, Bowl Parking subscription inserts, direct mail inserts, benefits mailing twice per year, program solicitation inserts, and other jobs as needed.
- Personal solicitation of Annual Fund gifts for fiscal year end, calendar year end and special requests to reach Annual Fund goals, as needed throughout fiscal year.
- Oversee management of calls and responses to/from donors from two public email inboxes and one public phone line with Annual Fund Coordinator.
- Work with Philanthropy Operations and Associate Director, Annual Fund/Membership to determine best management of gift coding in database from all Annual Fund revenue streams, help create new gift coding each fiscal year for membership and fundraising revenue tracking
- Regular coordination with Philanthropy Operations team to ensure timely execution of donor/member acknowledgement letters/receipts and membership level tracking in Tessitura.
- Train and support Annual Fund Coordinator in role and responsibilities, as needed.
- Create and execute comprehensive Annual Fund/Friends digital fundraising strategy, including platforms for recurring giving, online giving, pop-ups, banners, e-solicitations working closely with Marketing, Digital, Philanthropy Operations.
- Coordinating of back-end donor stewardship, tracking, customer service, results analysis across all Annual Fund channels.
- Establish and refine tracking methods to improve decision-making and increase revenue generating through these fundraising channels.
- Provides support for REPRISE/recurring monthly giving program to focus on growing this donor base.
- Attend Hollywood Bowl concerts to oversee Donor Valet Parking area as necessary.
- Help plan the Staff and Orchestra campaigns, including renewal and acquisition efforts, benefit fulfillment and acknowledgement.
- Prepare for fiscal year close and start each September in maintaining general documents, common space, and materials used by Annual Fund team.
- Together with other members of the Annual Fund Team, develop strategies for improving and growing all Annual Fund programs.
- Research new benefits, incentives and promotions for Friends level donors on an on-going basis.
- Work with catering and rental vendors, prepare documents, invitations, and managing staff and volunteers at event and office orchestra projects such as stuffing and folding letters, receipts, and appropriate benefits and supervise volunteers as needed.
- Maintains all Annual Fund/Membership electronic files for annual giving solicitations and benefits fulfillment on donor database and MS Office programs for historic tracking fiscal year over fiscal year.
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in non-profit development preferred.
- Excellent customer service, phone etiquette, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office (especially Excel) applications.
- Experience using fundraising database, preferably Tessitura experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within deadlines.
- Interest in music, performing arts, fundraising and non-profit management a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrable ability to work as part of a team when needed or as single contributor.
- Dedication and commitment to engage in and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the staff, vendors, and within interactions with the surrounding community is a must
- Secondary language fluency preferred
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Equal Employment Opportunity | Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring | Family Medical Leave Act | CFRA Pregnancy Disability Leave | Employment Polygraph Protection Act